-Life is Simple, it's Just Not Easy!

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Maybe One Day?

Getting married is not on my to-do list. Having children is not either. Finding the man of my dreams and falling madly in love... Moving into a perfect little house... With the white picket fence... And a dog or two lounging in the backyard... Sure, all of these things sound fine and dandy, but not right now.
It was something about graduating. Everyone is starting to settle down, get engaged or have babies. If not that, then they are moving in together or making these huge committments that I am NOT. INTERESTED. IN!  I am certainly not bad-mouthing the folks that have chosen to do so. (I will definitely be balling my eyes out as a hold Jade's bouquet.) I guess I just was worried that maybe these feelings should spring to life in me, and they haven't.
After a great deal of thought and consideration, I have come to the conclusion that I am, in fact, not crazy! Don't get me wrong, I love me some Jamie. But when I think about the things in the near future that I want to do with him, I think of things like go to the movies, maybe go hiking, Oh Man, I'd love to go to the Everglades!! There's just so much that I haven't done and so much I haven't seen!! School is so crazy right now. I want to get atleast one degree under my belt. As for travel, there are so many places that are calling out to me that I have never set foot on. I want to go to the Grand Canyon. California (Napa Valley). Maine. Oregon. New Mexico. The Virgin Islands. Alaska. Rome. Australia. Of course, there is a chance that I won't make it to all these places or the hundreds of other places that I want to go... But there's always a chance that I might!
As for when the wedding day comes, I like to tease my parents and joke about a huge wedding in a grand ballroom, but I don't think that's in the cards for me. I want something intimate. Something special. I've always wanted a wedding on the beach. Maybe Mexico Beach or Land's End. Haha. I mean, I can't make these plans without the groom present, but a small wedding will be enough for me. The wedding of my fantasies is not in my near future, and I could not be more happy about that. I still have so manyt things to get done. To get figured out about myself... Before I try to spiritually bind someone else to my life.
I think the bigger piece of the puzzle is the fact that I am absolutely fired up for God right now... but I do not know enough about my faith and His word to stand firmly enough for myself AND someone else. The marriage that I picture in my heart is one filled with God and God's love. I desire that for myself, and I desire that for my spouse. When the time is right, God will let me know! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment