-Life is Simple, it's Just Not Easy!

Monday, May 2, 2011

Carrie Bradshaw

Most of us know the glamorous and powerful Sex in the City character, Carrie Bradshaw. In the movies and television series, she is played by Sarah Jessica Parker.



Of course, we can find fault in this character. Suggest Sex in the City is morally unjust, but, for the most part, Carrie Bradshaw leads the kind of life most of us want for ourselves. We want to be able to move to the city (or country) of our dreams. We want to wear the best clothes and have a closet STOCKED with Manolo Blahniks and Chanel bags. We all want those best friends that genuinely love us, and are forever stuck together, come hell or high water. We all want our dream job, and we want that dream job to bring us success. The story of the struggling writer is told so many times, but Carrie has it worked out. We all, also, want our own, personal Big.
I am a Sex in the City fan. Call it my guilty pleasure. I fell in LOVE with the first movie, watched every single episode back to back until I finished it, saw the second movie, and now I'm working on the books.
Even if you don't love Carrie, Samantha, Miranda and Charlotte, you can atleast love the power and beauty of the dynamic of Carrie's character. She is the perfect example of a beautiful disaster. She knows exactly what she wants, but she makes so many mistakes finding her way there. She never lets anyone see her sweat, but she is so kind and goodhearted, you have to fall in love with her. She is a strong woman. She needs NO man to support her and make her great... She's great on her own.
So, how does Big fit in? When it's real, it fits. No matter what the circumstances, if two people are meant to be together, it will most absolutely happen! There will be chemistry, there will be spark, and there will be an amazing amout of gravity pulling the hopeless lovers together. I believe that with every ounce of my soul.
She embodies the struggle that women face when encountering men. You try to appear confident and put together, but still interested. If you're too confident, they are scared away. If you're too needy, they're scared away. You don't want to start arguments, but you can't let things end the way they did. If you start an argument, they are scared away. If you let everything go, you turn into a pushover, and they lose interest. I like the fact that Carrie overthinks things. I feel like I take a lot of crap for being overanalytical. I know that I could chill out a little bit, but when it comes down to it, I analyze because I care.
I guess, no matter who you are or what kind of behavior you call your own, we all search to find that guy that calls back when you hang up on them. The one that stands outside your door when you slam it shut. The one that can't sleep when you can't. The one that WANTS to make you feel happy and secure. No matter how many minutes or hours it takes. The one that is filled with all the joy in the world when you pour you heart out to him... even if he has nothing to say back. The one that thinks of YOU before he goes to sleep. I believe that's the kind of love that Carrie and Big have... if they were 18 years old, I presume. Hahah. :)
I think that the main belief I've gotten from Carrie Bradshaw is that everything is within my reach. I can land the dream job in the dream city with the dream guy. I can make it all work, and I can do it with style. I just have to stay in a Carrie State of Mind...

No comments:

Post a Comment