-Life is Simple, it's Just Not Easy!

Monday, April 25, 2011

A Change in the Story...

The title of this blog is 'Chapter 2'. I chose to name it that because I believe it IS the second major time in my life. I went to college. I have to get serious about being a 'grown-up' even though I do not want to in the least.
I thought the story would continue being written in Macon. At Mercer. With Pharmacy. Well, it's not. I've been so excited about going home that I have forgotten to really appreciate all the things that Mercer has taught me. I do not regret being here. I do not wish I would have started at State. Everything happens for a reason. I have always believed in this, but now more than ever! I needed to get away from home to prove to myself that I could and that I am an independent individual. I needed to make friends like Stephanie and Jessi and Pam. I needed to see something other than Douglasville. Surround myself with people from a diverse upbringing. Have a rockin' O-Group/ FYSX class that I watched grow up a lot in one year. I needed to be separated from Jamie and see where our real emotions fell. I needed to go to a difficult school and prove that I could succeed.
I needed to learn about myself. I needed to learn the things I did outside of myself. I needed to break out of a comfort zone that I had created. I needed to figure out what I truly cared about and what I was passionate about. I needed to strengthen my relationship with God. I an incredible amount of growing this year, and I would never change a thing.
Don't get me wrong, I am so excited to get out of here. Hahah. I am ready to work at State. Meet some new folks. Be home. Be with family and friends. I am ready, and I can't wait for next Thursday! But Mercer will always be a special place for me. What I became here is crucial to my development as a human being. I am just so happy to have had the opportunity! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment