-Life is Simple, it's Just Not Easy!

Sunday, April 17, 2011

'Forever My Heart Will Sing of How Great You Are'

http://youtu.be/r_GNVWAo1pY

I love the world. I love my friends, and I love to goof off and have a good time. I love concerts. I love to shop. I love to learn. I love to go places and see new things. I love Jamie. I love my family. I love the things that the world has to offer. I think we have a beautiful place here, and we need to be a little more grateful. I love all of the things I have, and I am so thankful for all the opportunities that have been given to me.
I can't really explain how great it feels to go on vacation or buy a new dress or ride in the car with all the windows down. Lately, all the small things seem so much bigger and so much more important. I love my life, and I love all the people in it. I embrace every day for everything that it is and maybe some things that it's not. I am probably too optimistic, but it's a choice I've made. It's a conscious decision that I carry through to all the things that I do.
None of that excitement and fulfillment that I've described compares at all to the overwhelming completeness that I feel in God. The way that my heart sings during worship. The wonder that I find in His word. I come out of myself, and my words are not my own. My soul bares itself through my lips. The words of the songs or the verses of the Bible flow through me with such reckless abandon, and I know that He is right next to me. I feel the warmth shoot through every limb of my body.
I've attached a video of a Phil Wickham song, 'Canons'. It gives me joy and so much hope. He completes me, and something has really changed inside of me. I can't look at the trees or feel the sun and wind without thinking of how much He means. How much He loves not only me but everyone around me. I make so many mistakes. Every day. I mess up. I say things that I shouldn't. I do things that I shouldn't. I put myself in bad situations, and I find myself thinking things that I know should not be in my head. But He loves me. The song says, "I'm so unworthy, but still You love me." Geeze, isn't that true?? Hahah. It's just a message that I wish everyone could hear and understand. Everyone needs to know about Christ, so that they can find salvation through Him. But they also need to know about Him in order to feel the protection and majesty that I feel each and every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment