-Life is Simple, it's Just Not Easy!

Monday, May 23, 2011

Happiness & Camp

I have been reading a book called 'The Happiness Project' that has really opened my eyes to things around me. I did not intend to read the book and adopt her many different approaches to make herself happy. I wanted to simply read about her journey, but I have learned a great deal about my own journey in the process.
Small things: She talked about the importance of collecting things. She had never been a collector of anything, and neither have I. She started collecting blue bird accessories, and she testifies that it did, indeed, make her happier. I guess the idea that you have something to show for a passion that you have is incredibly rewarding. I started to think about what I might want to collect, and I decided on setting out to collect all 50 Disney Animated Motion Pictures. Well, there are 50 right now. I only have ONE, so I better get to work on collecting! I loved all those movies growing up, and I would love to have all of them on hand when I have children of my own! It's little things like this that I've picked up, and I am all the greater of a person for it!
I leave for camp on Wednesday, and I am filled with so many different emotions. I am so very excited and ready for God to work through me. But at the same time, I am absolutely terrified. I feel a little bit sad about leaving my family behind for an entire month with really no communication... And I am also so anxious and ready to get the ball rolling. I think the one thing I can take away from this so far is that I have the power to do anything with God's help.
I have sat in my room trying to psyche myself out for nearly two weeks now. I get so worked up and so worried about what might or might now happen at camp this month, but then I take a deep breath and pray. I know that God would never put me through anything that I could not handle. I also know that he will take good care of everyone I love while I'm gone! I am ready. Unfortunately, I won't be posting during the camp. We aren't allowed to bring our laptops, but when I get home, I'm sure I will have so many great stories to tell about the summer that God chose to change me.

No comments:

Post a Comment