-Life is Simple, it's Just Not Easy!

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

LifeChange.

What can I say about the last month of my life? LifeChange. That's the only thing I can think of.
This year, I worked at Winshape Camp at Young Harris College. It was the very first year for the Young Harris branch, and I believe it was a complete and total success! 32 first through sixth graders accepted Jesus into their hearts. It's still unbelievable to me!
"Camp is about the campers" but God sent me to Winshape for another reason as well. My relationship with God has grown more than I ever expected, and I am incredibly thankful! Everything has more meaning, I think. I cherish moments more. I value time with loved ones more so than I ever took energy to do before. I won't let things get to me as badly because I send all my hardships right up to The Rock. He gives me shelter, and He gives me strength.
God has a plan for me. It is simply my responsibility to take it and run with it. God gave me a talent. A talent that I could be using and cultivating every day, but I haven't. Not anymore. I'm running. I have no idea where I am headed, but I know He'll catch me. And that makes me so excited and so hopeful!
In 1 Timothy 4:12, it says, "Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity." There was a time during Staff Training in May when the 350 college student staff stood singing "It Is Well With My Soul" together during worship. We sang the last verse that says,
"And Lord, haste the day when my faith shall be sight,
The clouds be rolled back as a scroll;
The trump shall resound, and the Lord shall descend,
Even so, it is well with my soul."
Everyone shouted and cheered and lifted their hands to the heavens to accept the absolute awesomeness of our God. It was in that moment that God spoke to me. Every once in a while, I admitt to feeling left out and odd because I've never followed the same path that is widely accepted for college students. I've made changes to my lifestyle that confuse and anger some people in my life. I have a hard time relating to many of the people that I once was very close to. But in that one moment with God, He spoke to me... He said, "Well done, Macy. Well done." Some of my friends were a little bit unsure of why I would want to sign my life over to Winshape for the summer. Why would I want to give up my phone, computer, short shorts and strapless dresses to go to a camp with little girls and 40 staff members that I had never met. God calmed EVERY insecurity that I EVER had in that one moment with Him. There were 350 other college students that chose not to go on vacation... They chose not to lay around the house all day every day until school starts again... They chose not to get other jobs, and some left jobs they have had for a long time... (Which are all AWESOME, fun and beneficial things) What I'm saying is that I am not alone. We are young, but we are an example. We live for Him, and I love knowing that my new community of friends will be there for me when I need them. No matter what!
I am incredibly thankful for everything He has done for me. I want to let my life be something for Him. Even if it's just something that He might smile at every once in while. Maybe I can lead the sort of life that leads someone else to Him. I just know that I'm on FIRE, and I never want it to go away.

No comments:

Post a Comment