-Life is Simple, it's Just Not Easy!

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Roll With the Punches.

This week was my first week of class. Today is my third day technically. It is still so strange to me. To sleep here. To eat here. To have allllll these people around me that I do not know. I AM getting used to it, but it's not a simple thing to get used to.
On my very first day, we were assigned a great deal of reading in our textbook...which I hadn't gotten in the mail by move in day. So. I had to leave campus and drive all the way home just to come back here a few hours later. Some may allow that to bring them down, but it acually was awesome. I've only been in Macon since Saturday, but it feels like so much longer! It felt so good to be in Douglasville. To drive down Mason Creek, to stop at the Exxon and get scratch offs... :) I guess I didn't realize how much I loved it there until I'm NOT there everyday.
This semester is going to be tough. I have First Year Seminar Experience. It is a GREAT class with GREAT people. I really enjoy it. As a class, we are supposed to tutor elementary school students every Wednesday, so I am very excited about that! Secondly, I have Intro to Psychology. It promises to be challenging, but I think I am going to learn a lot of INTERESTING material. It also made me feel great today in class because I knew everything the professor was talking about... which is a good sign. Other than those two, I have Chemistry and Calculus I. Those are going to be HARD. No if's, and's or but's about it. Fortunately, there is a great deal of tutoring offered for those classes!! I do have 16 hours this semester. I hope I can handle it. I know that I worked hard in high school. I was challenged, but NOTHING can prepare you for this. Nothing!!
Tomorrow is FRIDAY, so I'll be going home. I am so stoked out of my mind. I miss being at home... I still don't know how much I "love" being here. It is such an awesome place. I'm just still so out of my element and so overwhelmed. Only time will tell. :)

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to reading more of your journey!! I love you Macy - you are awesome!

    ReplyDelete