-Life is Simple, it's Just Not Easy!

Friday, August 13, 2010

New Books, New TV's and New Beginnings!

Yesterday, I went on a 'date' with some lovely ladies to see Sex and the City 2 at the Fox! It was so much fun! Of course, it was a blast to see all the trendy clothes and laugh at the jokes and just enjoy being at the FOX, but even that movie helped me to see something. It is simply a movie about good ole friendship and girl power. Hah. When it's all said and done, your girlfriends will still be there! All of my best friends are scattering to go to college. Alex is in Athens, Kaci's in Valdosta, Amy's in Tifton, Jade's in Rome.... Everyone is just spread all over the place, but I know if I need something, they are all simply one phone call away. Jade's going away dinner is tomorrow night, and she leaves on Wednesday. I'm actually going to see her off. I can't believe it! We've spent our whole lives together, it feels like! Now, we're just...not. I'm trying not to think about it right now! Hah.

I've started to receive all of my college textbooks in the mail... It is odd. I feel like a big girl. These things and I will end up being VERY close in the upcoming months! I'm also trying my hardest to get through this summer reading for school. It is not easy. It is so hard to CONCENTRATE on it. I hope that the reading material gets more interesting... Welcome to college, huh? I went to the christian bookstore today. I bought three devotionals to accompany me at college! I don't want being in two places and not going to church as steadily to keep me away from nurturing my relationship with God! I can't wait to start them!! College might just be the best step toward Christ that I take!
Tonight, we had dinner with family friends and family too! My dad's friend, Tony, actually bought me a TV for my dorm! My roommate and I are lucky, lucky girls!! I'm not sure exactly how to thank all the people that gave me gifts for graduation?! I wrote the thank you notes and all, but it just falls short. It means so much that they simply cared. So, thank you, Tony and Amy! :) I love you!

I go to Macon one week from tomorrow. I am so nervous, but excited at the same time! I have learned that you are where you come from. I visited Alexander today... which made me realize how much I grew up there. I was broken up with in my French class. I drove to school for the first time and parked in some senior kid's parking spot! I watched Jamie walk down the hall with a girl I knew he was into, and I cried for hours. I helped Mr. Morrison create the FFA! I didn't make cheerleading, and then I did. I laughed so hard I almost cried. And I found who I was as a performer in that auditorium! Yes, you are where you come from, and I came from a pretty awesome place!

No comments:

Post a Comment