-Life is Simple, it's Just Not Easy!

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Welcome to Mercer University!

Tonight, I write to you from my desk in Boone Hall at Mercer. My very first night in the dorm.
The road to get here was long. I felt like it would never ever get here. Especially towards the end. These last few weeks have been so bittersweet. I truly am so excited about starting school here. It is such an amazing campus with amazing people. I am so proud to stand among them! But it is so scary and so SAD! I had no idea how sad the whole "mom, dad and jamie leaving campus" thing would be. I'm not great with emotions. (Even though Jamie may disagree) It hurt. Literally hurt to see them leave. Not because I'm scared they'll forget me or that they are letting go. I'm just sad because today I truly let go of my childhood. Sure, graduation was a huge step towards growing up, but now... It's really done. Things aren't gonna be the same anymore. Even though I'll call her all the time, Mom really won't know what I'm doing at 2:00 AM. And even though I will be home on the weekends and holidays and such, I won't be able to hang out with Jamie for an hour before work. It's simply different. And I must learn to cope. I do hope that my family and friends are willing to deal with me during this time of transition! I will get the hang of it, I promise.
Aside from the hum-drum business, we set up our room. It is so awesome. I am really proud of it. It's amazing how three or four carloads of stuff can fit in one teeny tiny room. But it happens! :)
It is still strange to me that this is my 'home' during the week! It just feels like we're at convention or camp or staying at a tiny hotel! I guess I will learn to love it too!
The next few days are supposed to be filled will 'meeting new people' and 'expanding horizons'. I guess we'll see. Class starts Tuesday. I forgot to pack my calculator and my psychology books never came in... We will see. So far, I think everything is going great! Can't wait to see what Mercer has to offer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment