-Life is Simple, it's Just Not Easy!

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Here we go...!

Many people have been creating these blogs. I had no idea how user friendly these 'blog' things were, so here I am, creating my own. I figured it was a fitting time to make one because soon I will be moving to Mercer University in Macon. I hope it will help me to record the happy moments and the sad moments as well as the stressed moments and the proud moments. It will also allow me to continually clue my family in on what is going through my head while I'm away.
Throughout my life, I have tried to keep some sort of record of events: diaries, journals, videos, etc. I guess this is an ELECTRONIC diary... But atleast there's no way I can lose it. Where do I begin? I can start by just talking about my week, I presume. Sunday was my last day of work at Justice. That was the best possible first job I could have had. I had so much fun, and I gained experience. Experience working with people. That is so important, I have found! I am going to miss it, but I need to move on now to a new job...Hopefully a pharmacy job! :)
Yesterday, one of my best friends from the first grade, Alex, had her 'going away party'. This week has been bittersweet. Kaci moved to Valdosta today. Alex moves tomorrow. Amy left SUNDAY! I am happy for each of them! They are following their dreams, and I could not be more supportive, but at the same time, it is so sad to understand that the memories that we have are meer memories.

Mom and I went to Ikea and Whole Foods today in Atlanta. It certainly took my mind off of the upcoming changes. We had a blast! I am so lucky to have the chance to spend time with my family like I do. My mom is more than my mom. We were blessed enough as a family so she could stay home with my sister and I. I am everything I am because of her. She taught me everything I know, and I see her in myself more everyday!
As for college. Am I ready? Physically, yes. I have everything that I think I need and more, but my head's not there yet. I don't think it will be until mid-September. Hah. I have been lucky. I am going to a wonderful and prestigious school. I am in a fastpaced and exciting program. I was blessed to not get a creeper for a roommate! With so many positives, I am still worried. I'm not ready for any big changes. I love the closeness I have with my family. I love my boyfriend. I love my friends. I loved my job. I love my BED! hah. I guess only time will tell. Thankfully, I have my new blog to record every step. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment