-Life is Simple, it's Just Not Easy!

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Wait, Wait, WAIT!

Well, life after camp has been bittersweet.
Everyone warned me of a feeling of depression when I left camp, and I believe that I have discovered what everyone was talking about. At Winshape, you are constantly surrounded by a family that loves you and genuinely cares about your life and, even more importantly, your walk with Christ. When your at home or at work or at school, remembering to follow the same rituals that you once did at camp is more difficult, but still just as rewarding. I am still so incredibly thankful for the things that I learned while at camp. I am more disciplined. I believe in myself and my purpose. If I could go up and hug and kiss everyone that led me to Winshape and helped me in my journey there, I would do it.
Time is just slipping by so fast. Too fast. My sister is starting 7th grade in four days. My cousins will be in 2nd and 4th grade. I am starting my sophomore year of college in 22 days. I haven't started high school in roughly 2 years... I am jobless. I am not sure what I want to do with my major in psychology. I am not sure what I will do tomorrow, but I have genuinely never been happier.
I am not letting petty people or small people get me down. I am finding ways to be a bigger person rather than just talk about being a bigger person. I am learning to be a role model for my younger sister and cousins and everyone that I may have an opportunity to influence. I thank God for my life and the chances that I have to be something. Be something big. It's time to be something big.

No comments:

Post a Comment