-Life is Simple, it's Just Not Easy!

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Fairytales and Happy Endings

2012 has given me a lot to be thankful for!
More opportunities to sing and perform.
The strength to quit my job.
Finally getting into my major.
I'll be going to 2 new states.
I fell head over heels in love with the most amazing man I've ever met.
Awesome things at Wired at Crossroads Church.
30 Day Challenge with my family.
Ok, so you get the point! Things have been busy, and things have been great!
This year I will be 20 years old. It is incredibly easy to get caught in between where I was in high school and where I want to be after college. College is wonderful and fun and exciting... but it is also scary. When it's over, the real world begins! There's no stopping it. Thankfully, the Lord calms my fears:
"But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:33-34
There's some analogy about driving in the dark. I can't exactly remember it, but it talks about when you're driving in the dark, you don't always have to see the destination. The important thing is that you're able to keep moving just a few feet at a time, and you'll make it where you need to go in the end.
I've said it once, and I'll say it again. I am working on knocking out the worry. I always try to do things with the best of intentions... and those things don't always work out. "The Boyfriend Fast" for example. Or going to Mercer. But I'm very lucky because I always learn something from all the things that don't work out.
All I can do is keep walking just a few feet at a time.
1. Finish these last couple weeks of work.
2. New Orleans
3. Wrap up this semester at school.
4. California
5. Find an internship or a job.

one at a time. one step at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment